Public Procurement Management (MAS)
The Faculty of Management has a clearly defined purpose and role in the education system available to the general public. The purpose of the MAS study program is to educate master managers in the field of management and business. This ensures the deepening of existing, and the adoption of new quality knowledge in the following areas: public procurement management, public procurement strategy, public procurement finance, public procurement laws, ethics in public procurement, public and private partnership, etc. as well as to enable students for independent study research work in the field of business economics.
The courses in this study program are professionally chosen so that students who master them become able to participate in solving practical issues in the field of public procurement management, to incorporate their knowledge and skills into teamwork on monitoring and application of new scientific discoveries in this field. The curriculum of this study program is in line with scientific knowledge and world trends in the field of public procurement management.
It is grounded in the needs of the labor market in our country for qualified personnel in the field of public procurement management. Modern market development of our country and its involvement in regional and global integration requires the education of this profile of personnel.
The specific objectives of the realization of this study program are:
• Training students for independent study research work as the basis for further academic and research processes within doctoral academic studies
• Acquiring knowledge from the theory and practice of public procurement management, as well as professional knowledge and skills necessary for work;
• Training for comprehensive consideration of problems and ability of critical thinking;
• Mastering specific practical skills necessary for successful performance of public procurement management tasks;
• Acquiring knowledge, especially those areas related to the methodology of scientific research, public procurement management, public procurement finance, public procurement law, ethics in public procurement, public private partnership, public procurement strategy.
• Developing creative abilities, professional communication skills with partners, as well as with members of interdisciplinary teams;
The special goal of this study program is the formation of scientific and professional youth, which will be able to meet the challenges of modern scientific achievements.
- General competencies
General competencies acquired by students of the study program:
• Ability to properly analyze the given situation, synthesize the collected data, anticipate possible consequences and adequately solve problems in the field of public procurement management;
• They master various methods of solving problems in the area of public procurement management;
• Developing the ability of critical and self-critical thinking and adopting an objective attitude in relation to any practical situation;
• Monitoring of innovations and modern scientific flows in the field of public procurement management and their implementation in practice;
• Competence for teamwork;
• Ability to acquire knowledge in the field of public procurement management in everyday practice;
• Capable of proper expression, using appropriate professional terminology as well as developing communication skills;
• Ability to communicate and transfer their own knowledge and results to associates at work and their publication in the scientific, professional, and general public;
• Continuance of their education, if they have chosen to do so.
- Subject-specific competencies
Subject specific competences acquired by students of the study program Management of Public Procurement management are:
• To apply methods, procedures and process of research and analysis in order to define problems in the field of public procurement management;
• Correctly analyze the given state, synthesize the collected data, anticipate possible consequences and adequately solve tasks in the field of public procurement management for critical and self-critical thinking and the adoption of an objective attitude in relation to any practical situation;
• Understand the importance of public procurement management;
• Capability for the practical application of all elements of the public procurement system, as an organizational, financial, legal and practical concept;
• Ability to successfully manage and participate in public procurement procedures and conclude public procurement contracts in accordance with applicable legal regulations, with particular reference to the relation of the financial plan and procurement plan, in accordance with the Budget Law and the Law on the Budget System, Financial Security Assets and similar;
• Ability to apply practical knowledge and adequately link elements of the Public Procurement Management, with the Law on Obligations, the Law on General Administrative Procedure, the EU Public Procurement Directives and other relevant elements;
• Application of knowledge from business and ethics in public procurement, as a set of moral rules of conduct in all business activities directed towards successful and legally harmonized implementation of public procurement.
|1||Methodology of Scientific Research||7|
|2||Public Procurement Management||7|
|3||Elective courses group 1:||8|
|3.1||Public Procurement Finance|
|3.2||Public Procurement Law|
|4||Elective courses group 2:||8|
|4.1||Ethics in Public Procurements|
|5||Public Procurement Strategy||7|
|6||SIR in Public Procurement Management||9|