We designed the Engineering Management Program with the purpose of providing basic knowledge in the field of engineering management. Through a four-year study program our students will have the chance to acquire understanding of latest models of engineering approaches, as well as a selection of different strategies supported by a strong and reliable information base. The program also implies the acquisition of competencies in the areas of planning, organizing, managing, monitoring and managing the segments of enterprises and enterprises as a whole.
The program focuses on understanding engineering activities, creating and implementing engineering strategies, creating engineering operations and processes, and understanding the wide responsibility of engineering management.
Basic academic studies of Engineering Management provide the knowledge and skills necessary for inclusion in the process of work and continuation of studies in the field of management.
Teaching is carried out through lectures, exercises and realization of professional practice.
The Engineering Management Program is up to par with the world’s contemporary trends in engineering approach to management, it offers students the latest scientific and professional knowledge in the field of engineering and managerial practice.
The purpose of the study program is to provide the competencies necessary for the following professions:
• Project manager;
• Sales engineer;
• Manager in the field of production management and enterprise development;
• Manager in organization of different activities management;
• Manager in business and non-governmental organizations;
• Manager in the field of human resources.
- General competencies
The general competenciesthat a student develops and perfects with the completion of the Engineering Management study program are:
• Competence in solving real practical problems;
• Analysis, synthesis and ability to see the solution and consequences of the process of managing business systems;
• Development of critical thinking in the process of managing business systems and business decision making;
• Application of knowledge, skills and creativity in engineering – managerial practice;
• Development of communication skills in the function of successful cooperation with the entities in the business system, as well as cooperation with the narrower social and international environment;
• Respecting the principles professional ethics code, which is reflected in the responsibilities towards employers, associates, business partners and the public.
- Subject-specific competencies
Subject-specific competenciesacquired by the student with completion of the Engineering Management study program are:
• Knowledge in the field of business organization, engineering economics, accounting for managers and statistics for engineers;
• Basic knowledge and understanding of management process stages (planning, organizing, guiding and controlling) and elements of subjective support to management (motivation, communication, decision making);
• Recognizing the importance of strategic human resource management and their key roles for the success of organizations and contemporary practice in this field;
• Ability to apply the concept of management in the implementation of various projects with a focus on achieving significant time and financial savings;
• The competencies needed to perceive management operations in the process of production and the creation of services;
• Knowledge needed to understand the organizational structure and technological processes, as well as the knowledge necessary for the independent design of adequate measures for innovation in a changing environment.
|3||Introduction to Management||8|
|4||Elective courses group 1:||7|
|6||English Language 1||7|
|7||Skills of Managerial Practice 1||5|
|8||Elective courses group 2:||8|
|1||Introduction to Engineering||8|
|3||English Language 2||7|
|6||Human Resources Management||8|
|7||Skills of Managerial Practice 2||5|
|8||Elective courses group 3:||8|
|8.2||Introduction to Finance|
|3||English Language 3||8|
|4||Elective courses group 4:||9|
|5||Skills of Managerial Practice 3||5|
|8||Elective courses group 5:||8|
|8.1||Management Information Systems|
|8.2||Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development|
|2||Innovation and Entrepreneurship||7|
|4||Small and Medium Enterprises Management||9|