Business Economics (MAS)
The purpose of the study program MAS Business Economics is the education of the master economists in the field of business economics, which ensures the deepening of existing and the adoption of new quality knowledge in the following areas: business strategies, corporate finance, strategic marketing, innovation management, strategic human resources management, corporate governance, as well as to enable students for independent study research work in the field of business economics.
The courses in this study program are professionally chosen so that students who master them become able to participate in solving the practical issues of business, organizational, financial, innovative, marketing and management processes within business systems, to incorporate their knowledge and skills into teamwork on monitoring and application of new scientific discoveries in this field.
The content of this study program is in line with scientific knowledge and world trends in the field of business economics. Study program MAS Business economy is based on the practice of the most eminent higher education institutions from the world. It is grounded in the needs of the labor market in our country for qualified personnel in the field of business economics. Modern market development of our country and its involvement in regional and global integration requires the education of this profile of personnel.
The realization of such a well-founded study program will produce master economists who possess adequate knowledge measurable with internationally acquired knowledge.
The aims of the study program are to deepen knowledge and acquire skills in line with modern achievements in the field of business economics, which relate to:
• Training students for independent study research work as the basis for further academic and research processes within doctoral academic studies.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of corporate management;
• Contemporary trends in the creation of corporate management institutions in the conditions of globalization;
• Formulating, evaluating and implementing a business strategy;
• Independently performing financial analysis, monitoring and planning the cash flows of the corporation;
• Principles, functions, organization, planning, implementation and control of modern strategic marketing;
• Innovation management by business entities, in economies based on technological progress, with particular reference to innovative EU activities;
• Integration of human resources management with the entire business strategy of the organization;
• Training for a comprehensive consideration of problems and the ability of critical thinking;
• Developing creative abilities, professional communication skills with partners, as well as with members of interdisciplinary teams;
• Ability to perform professional tasks and solve professional problems in compliance with the relevant ethical standards.
Second degree of master studies Business Economics allows the person to acquire the title of master manager as well as to perform the professional activities for which the qualifications are given.
- General competencies
General competences acquired by students of the study program Business Economics – Master Academic Studies are:
• Ability to properly analyze the given state, synthesize the collected data, anticipate possible consequences and adequately solve problems in the field of business economics;
• They master various methods of solving problems in the field of business economics;
• Developing the ability of critical and self-critical thinking and adopting an objective attitude in relation to any practical situation;
• Monitoring of innovations and modern scientific flows in the field of business economics and their implementation in practice;
• Competence for teamwork;
• Ability to acquire knowledge in the field of business economics;
• Applications in everyday practice;
• Capable of proper expression, using appropriate professional terminology as well as developing communication skills;
• Ability to communicate and transfer their own knowledge and results to associates at work and their publication in the scientific, professional, and general public;
• To continue their education, if they have chosen to do so.
- Subject-specific competencies
Subject specific competences acquired by students of the study program Business Economics – Master Academic Studies are:
• To apply methods, procedures and process of research and analysis in order to define problems in the field of business economics;
• Correctly analyze the given state, synthesize the collected data, anticipate possible consequences and adequately solve tasks in the field of business economics;
• For critical and self-critical thinking and the adoption of an objective attitude in relation to any practical situation;
• To use different methods, techniques and tools in the process of strategic analysis and strategy implementation;
• To identify and evaluate possible strategic options at the enterprise and business level;
• To independently carry out financial analysis, monitoring and planning the cash flows of the corporation;
• Effective implementation of the methods of assessing the effectiveness of investment projects and analyzing the impact of the capital structure
for the construction and maintenance of successful marketing strategies, for strategic thinking, teamwork and research work and the application of theoretical and practical knowledge in this field.
- Further education possibilities
Student competencies in terms of exercising their rights to further education and the possibility of employment and exercising the right to work are:
• Access to further study – the right to further education and training;
• Enrollment in specialist academic studies;
• Enrollment in doctoral studies.
|1||Methodology of Scientific Research||7|
|3||Elective courses group 1:||8|
|4||Elective courses group 2:||8|
|4.2||Human Resources Strategic Management|
|6||SIR in Business Economics||9|